Established as Harvard Global Research and Support Services, Inc., you may also hear us referred to as "Harvard Global" or "HG." Although based in Cambridge, Massachusetts, we also operate overseas entities on behalf of several Harvard Schools, centers, and departments.
Our mission is to provide common administrative structures, processes, and tools to support the University’s international research projects, programs, and offices. As a standalone nonprofit and Harvard University affiliate, we offer the best of both worlds for office administration, employment and payroll services, grant administration, and gift administration.
- Faculty and administrators retain academic and programmatic control over all activities.
- We manage overseas complications, including currency conversion, tax withholding, and bank reconciliations.
- Our systems integrate seamlessly with Harvard University systems, and require minimal changes to existing business processes.
- We provide excellent customer service in Cambridge and abroad to meet faculty, administrator, and employee needs.
- We stay current and compliant with each country’s requirements so you don’t have to worry about them.
Corporate Information & Harvard Affiliation
Founded in February 2012 by the President and Fellows of Harvard College (P&F), Harvard Global Research and Support Services, Inc. is a nonprofit corporation with principal offices in Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA. It's affiliated with the Office of the Vice Provost for International Affairs and with Harvard Global Support Services. Effective February 3, 2012, Harvard Global is tax exempt in the U.S. under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
The sole Member of Harvard Global is Alan Garber, Provost of Harvard University. Dr. Garber appoints the Board of Directors.