Our South African entity supports Harvard's academic research, study abroad programming, scholarships, and much more.
Enabling Research and Academic Programming in Southern Africa
Our local entity, Harvard Global Research Support Centre South Africa NPC, is registered as a section 14 nonprofit company, which allows us to support a variety of activities across South Africa.
Permitted activities include:
- Facilitating research on but not limited to artistic, economic, educational, historical, legal, medical, political, social, scientific, and technological interests related to Africa
- Hosting programs for the public benefit of Africa and for faculties, students, scholars, and alumni from Harvard and other institutions
- Disseminating research related to Africa
- Advancing culture and customs through the exposure of students and scholars from Harvard University and African institutions
- Providing scholarships, stipends and assistance to African students pursuing studies at Harvard University and elsewhere
Harvard Global Services in South Africa
In support of the above activities, we can provide the following services:
- Employment of host-country nationals*
- Office administration
- Gift administration
*In rare cases, we may be able to employ U.S. expatriates and third-country nationals in South Africa. We carefully review each case to determine feasibility based on South Africa’s visa regulations.
If you’d like to utilize our services in South Africa, complete and submit the form at the bottom of this page, or contact us to discuss your project.
Review the privacy statement of Harvard Global Research Support Centre South Africa NPC.
Promotion of Access to Information Manual
Review the Promotion of Access to Information Manual of Harvard Global Research Support Centre South Africa NPC.